Sunday, January 9, 2011

I conquered it!

Several weeks ago, I wrote a post about my most loved and hated piece of equipment at the gym.  While it really doesn't look all that terrible, it is.  The stairmill is/was a torture device, in my mind.  The past few weeks, I have worked very hard to get over my hatred of the stairmill.  I was going to conquer it before it conquered me. 

Today was that day.  I got to the gym around 8 a.m., enjoying that almost every piece of equipment was free.  I decided to ride the bike for about 20 minutes, just to get a decent warm up.  After riding the bike, I was ready to face my challenge.  I got my iPod set with some of Jason's electronic/dance music, grabbed 3 trashy gossip-type magazines, and climbed up on the stairmill.  I set the machine for a "fat burner" workout at level 6 for 30 minutes.  In my mind, I was telling myself to go as long as I could and if 30 was obtained it was great.  I got to climing.  After a while, I decided to see how long I had been on the stairmill - 17 minutes!  Wow!  I have never gone 17 minutes without checking and it felt like I had only been on there 10 minutes or so.  When the 30 minutes were over and the stairmill slowed, I was shocked.  I was so ecstatic that I had faced the challenge and accomplished my goal of 30 minutes. 

Of course, the only issue with conquering anything is feeling unsatisfied and wanting to do even more.  My next goal is to go 45 minutes on it.  I will do it.

What you accomplish in 30 minutes on the stairmill:
Miles - 2 
Floors - 96
WW activity points - 7 (totally seems like it should be more!) 

3 comments:

  1. Really? You hate it? I used to LOVE it! I'd spend an hour on the stair master machine...the one that is revolving, not the stepper kinds. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a love/hate relationship. The first time I was on it, I HATED IT. I have grown to love it. I just love how I feel when I get off!

    ReplyDelete