Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Be Somebody

For Christmas, my hubs bought me some philosophy shower gel and lotion.  I was first introduced to the products when I was in college and had a friend that used them.  After getting out of college, I felt spending the money on them was too extravagant.  However, every time I saw a philosophy display, I would stop and enjoy the lovely scents of the various lotions, etc. 

It wasn't until I was putting on my Be Somebody lotion this morning that I realized every product has a different philosophy on the bottle.  The bottle said:

"philosophy:  you can be somebody without having wealth, fame and power.  these gifts define a standard of life not our standard of virtue.  you will be remembered for your virtues.  the headlines you make in this life will be based on the differences you made in the lives of others.  you are defined by the smiles and sweetness you leave behind.  so be kind and know, in doing so, you are indeed not an anybody but a real somebody to love." 

This has been in my mind since 6:30 this morning.  I do try to embody a spirit of joy most of the time; sometimes I do well and sometimes I fail.  I am going to add this to my goals for 2011.  I want to be somebody.  I want to be kind daily, no matter how hard, so that I can be remembered as "...not an anybody but a real somebody to love." 

1 comment:

  1. I love that sentiment - I can totally see how that stuck with you all day! :)

    ReplyDelete