Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This weather is the pits

Several months ago, the weather forecasters were saying that North Carolina was going to have a mild winter.  At this point, I think it is safe to say that they were absolutely wrong.  In the last month, we have had more cold weather than I care to mention.    I hate cold weather.

On top of it being just plain cold, today is is icy.  My office was supposed to open at 10 a.m., but around 8:30 a.m. the decision was made to close the office for today.  This means that my day will be spent in pajamas with fluffy socks on my feet, coffee in hand, and watching DVDs.  I could get used to being out of the office ;-)

Of course, the office being closed means that I am going to be out of my normal routine.  I am hoping to keep from snacking too much during the day.  Since the ice is keeping me in, I will probably do a silly Walk Away the Pounds video this afternoon.  Yes, I called them silly - for some reason I can't stand Leslie Sansone, but like the workout I get from the walks. 

Oh well, here's to a relaxing day at home.  Stay warm all!

3 comments:

  1. Trying to stay warm here. I'm already sick of winter. Once Christmas is over, I'm like okay, this is getting old, come on spring.....and no trips for us anywhere tropical this winter..argh-h-h

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a cold winter here in MN too, 18F this morning! Have fun at home today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Regan, thanks for stopping by my blog - I just found your blog and love it! Your honesty and transparency are inspiring and refreshing. Keep up the great work, I'll be following! Be great today!

    ReplyDelete