Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday warm weather fun

My college roomie, Charity, and I have been talking about getting together for a walk on the greenway when the weather warmed up.  Today was the day.  In Raleigh, it was 70 degrees and b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!  I don't know that I could have asked for any better weather at the end of January.  Hopefully, this is a sign that spring is going to be here sooner :-)

Anyway, Charity picked me up and we went to the greenway trail where Sarah and I meet during the week.  Since Charity had heard me talk about the horribly long bridge up to Capital Boulevard, we decided to go that way.  Initially, we were going to walk a 5K, but as it got closer to the turn around point, I decided to keep going.  I was a sneaky little devil and didn't tell her where the halfway point was. 

In just over an hour, we:
  • walked just over 4 miles
  • earned ~6 WW activity points
  • saw 12 turtles sunning
  • were passed at least 15 times by bikers, some very polite and others not so much
  • talked about all the shenanigans going on in our lives and the lives of our friends
  • had a wonderful time!
Looking forward to meeting up on the greenway again dear!


Me and my college roomie, Charity
(Please ignore my big monkey ears sticking out from my hat and my lack of eyes ;-).)


3 comments:

  1. I would love to have been one of those turtles sunning myself ... that sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. It rained here in CA today. I love walking and catching up with a friend. Time flies and you get a great workout

    ReplyDelete
  3. you crack me up! you did indeed sneak that extra mile in there, but I loved every step and cannot wait to go again!

    ReplyDelete