Friday, July 1, 2011

Update on the thumb, etc.

I went to my primary care physician on Wednesday afternoon to have my stitches removed from my thumb.  When she was examining my thumb, she said "...Wow...  I am surprised the doctor at the urgent care didn't send you to the ER.  This is one of the worst cuts I have seen in a long time..."  She fixed me and bandaged me back up.  I will have to wear a little non-stick pad and a wrap on my thumb for at least a month, but at least the stitches are out.  She said as I was leaving "...Maybe you should stay away from the mandolin in the future..."  Of course, my response was "You think?  No doubt about that!"  Glad that my thumb is on the mend, but quite annoyed that it will be bandaged up for a while longer.  Oh well...

Well, it is Friday afternoon of the Independence Day holiday weekend.  Jason and I are going to run a few errands after work and do our grocery shopping.  Tomorrow, we are planning to head to the outlets in Mebane.  The last time we went, we didn't have a good amount of time to look around, etc.  We're hoping the outlets won't be too crowded - hopefully everyone will be at the beach or at the lake. 

On Sunday and Monday, we have only a few things on the agenda - relax, sit by the pool, and eat yummy homemade food (and drink delicious beer, of course!).  I cannot wait.  One of my favorite parts of living in our condo complex is the pool.  Most of our neighbors are older.  This means a few things for us, considering that we are the youngest people in the complex - quiet neighbors, clean buildings, and no one is ever at the pool!  I am looking forward to celebrating the Independence Day holiday and working on my tan.

At some point this weekend, I must get back to running.  I ran on Thursday morning and I could definitely tell that I had not run since the previous Saturday morning.  The Beaufort Road Race 10K is in 2 weeks and I am concerned I am not going to be able to do it.  My plan is to try to get in 6 to 8 miles this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment