I found this recipe on AllRecipes last week. I used their easy-peasy ingredient search. I wanted to have something for Meatless Monday that wasn't pasta. So, I put quinoa and black beans in the search. This recipe was the second on my results.
It had a 4.5+ star rating so I figured we couldn't go wrong. I went ahead and added it to the menu without reading any of the reviews.
Last night, we made this yummy, hearty chili for dinner. A few modifications:
- Left out the cumin - I was out!
- Left out the chipotle peppers in adobo - forgot to buy them!
- Used diced green chiles instead of chopped jalapeno
- Added a little cayenne pepper
- Added an additional can of diced chili-style tomatoes
All in all, it was a really good meal. The next time we make this, I will definitely make sure that I have cumin on hand. I'll also make sure to get the chipotles in adobo - I think that might have been the missing "umph" from the dish.