Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Recipe 26 - Quinoa and Black Bean Chili

Another new recipe last night....  And another Meatless Monday success!


I found this recipe on AllRecipes last week.  I used their easy-peasy ingredient search.  I wanted to have something for Meatless Monday that wasn't pasta.  So, I put quinoa and black beans in the search.  This recipe was the second on my results.  


It had a 4.5+ star rating so I figured we couldn't go wrong.  I went ahead and added it to the menu without reading any of the reviews.


Last night, we made this yummy, hearty chili for dinner.  A few modifications:

  • Left out the cumin - I was out!
  • Left out the chipotle peppers in adobo - forgot to buy them!
  • Used diced green chiles instead of chopped jalapeno
  • Added a little cayenne pepper
  • Added an additional can of diced chili-style tomatoes
All in all, it was a really good meal.  The next time we make this, I will definitely make sure that I have cumin on hand.  I'll also make sure to get the chipotles in adobo - I think that might have been the missing "umph" from the dish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment