Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Feelin' Good...

To get back in to the habit, that is...  My last post was on October 22, exactly 12 days ago.  Since then, I feel like 3 months have passed.  In short, work has been nuts, I did my best to stay on track, and I haven't been derailed - just need to get back into the swing of things.


Quick review:

  • October 22 - last really long run before the half (12 miles!)
  • October 22 to 25 - My organization's annual conference...  What does that mean?  Basically, 1,200+ elected and appointed municipal officials converge on a convention center to learn and schmooze.  For me, that means lots and lots of walking around, eating crappy convention center food, and getting very little sleep.  
  • Trip to the mountains - Took a trip to the Asheville area.  The hubs and I were able to enjoy some peaceful time together, complete with yummy meals and beautiful fall leaves.
Now that things have "slowed down" a little, I am getting back into a good habit of working out and watching what I eat.  During all the busy-ness, I was able to keep working out and eating well, just not as diligently as normal.  Luckily, I didn't gain any weight during the time that things were a little "off".


Also, big plus of not seeing my organization's municipal officials more than a couple times a year...  TONS of compliments on my successful weight loss, etc.  It was pretty comical to see municipal officials with whom I talk on the phone regularly and have them walk right past me because they didn't recognize me. Love it!


Only 11 days until the OBX Half Marathon!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment