Thursday, November 3, 2011

Good workout...but so sore

Welp...  Lesson learned.  1) Don't get out of the habit of lifting weights at the gym 2) If you do get out of the habit, don't rush back in all gangbusters.  If you do #2, you will regret it.  


Case in point...  Yesterday afternoon I left work a little early to head to the gym.  I knew that I wanted to get in a really good, long workout since it has been a few weeks since I have devoted a good amount of time to the gym.  


For a quick warm-up, I did 15 minutes on the stairmill.  Goodness, I love and hate that machine!  After my warm-up, I went through the 30-minute express workout.  To finish up my time in the gym, I did 30 minutes on the Arc trainer.  I decided to be all industrious and do the hill profile at level 10, fun for the workout but a bad idea the next day.


This morning I was so sore when I woke up.  I had planned an 8-mile run with Debbie for 9:30 a.m.  Unfortunately, once we got going, I had to cut the miles back to 6.  I just couldn't do it!  My legs felt so heavy. When we stopped and checked our pace, it was faster than our normal average pace.  Despite being quite sore, I say we did dang well.


The coming week is going to be a little "off".  I want to get in a few, quality short runs but will not run more than 5 miles in any given day before the half.  I am becoming quite the "nervous Nellie"!  Can't want to mark the OBX Half Marathon off my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment