Monday, November 21, 2011

Friend Makin' Monday - Thanksgiving Plans


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at  www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers.  The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Thanksgiving Plans
What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year?  Does your family have traditions?  If so, share them…(I know that some of you live outside of the US so  feel free to fill us in on other holiday traditions!)
On Thanksgiving morning, I will participate in the Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K.  After the race and some meal prep at home, the hubs and I will head over to my in-laws for the day.  My mother-in-law and I will spend the afternoon in/out of the kitchen, while the "boys" watch football.  The day tends to be filled with cocktails, yummy snacks, a delicious dinner, wine, and even better desserts.
Normally, my parents come up on Thanksgiving night to shop, etc.  This year, we are actually going to my hometown to visit my parents.  My best friend lives in St. Cloud, FL and she is coming up for the holiday.  Since she doesn't come to NC often, we wanted to get to the coast to see her.  
Should be a fun weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I have running a turkey trot as the first part of my day too! Enjoy and have a good thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic day! Enjoy your Turkey Trot. Stopping by from FMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a great day, full of moderation, planned. The turkey trot should be fun! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete