Emily (my mother-in-law) has two decorator friends, Donald and William, that help her with decor in her home and also offer advice on our condo when we ask. William had said several years ago that our bedroom needed "softening" so that it would look like a couple's bedroom versus a bachelor's bedroom. Jason and I have been casually on the lookout for bedding, etc. but hadn't really done anything about it.
The first gift we were given was an awesome - a beautiful mirror to go above our dresser. Donald found the mirror at Greenfront Interiors and he immediately told Emily that it would be the perfect addition to above our dresser. The mirror wasn't the "matching" piece for our dresser, but I think it's way better than having a big rectangular mirror.
The day after Christmas, my in-laws came over and helped us get everything set up. We were busy from about 10 a.m. until about 3 p.m.
- Remove old drapes and hardware. Hang new hardware and linen sheers.
- Hang mirror above dresser.
- Move print that was above dresser to wall above television.
- Move print from above television to dining area.
- Remove old rug. (We may get a runner or something, but have decided against a full rug in the bedroom.)
- Switch out lamps and a few other things around the room.
- Put new bedding on bed!
|We found the coordinating Euro pillows and throw pillow at Pottery|
Barn that evening. We thought they were the perfect finishing touch.