Friday, December 16, 2011

Gettin' back in the saddle (err...running shoes)

I haven't had a really good run since the Turkey Trot 8K on Thanksgiving.  Looking back at my calendar, I think I may have run maybe once since that day.  Like I said in a previous post, I have been working out but not running.  It isn't for lack of trying though!


The Disney Princess Half Marathon is on Sunday, February 26 - 72 days away.  Needless to say, I need to get back into running and my butt in gear for serious training mode.  I am so excited about running this race that I can hardly contain myself.  1) The hubs and I love going to Disney World.  It is the perfect vacation spot for us.  We get to the airport and from that point on, everything is taken care of.  2) This was the race that started the whole running thing.  This was the race that was my #1 to accomplish in the very near future.  Now it is becoming a reality.  Seriously, look at the course!  How could you not be excited about running from Epcot, around one side of the Seven Seas Lagoon, through the Magic Kingdom, around the other side of the Lagoon, and back through Epcot to the World Showcase??!!??!!  The only reservation I have about the race is running it by myself.  There is a group on the DisBoards/W.I.S.H that meets up and forms pace groups, etc.  I heard about the group through a person I volunteered with at a race.  Since I am normally one to "stalk" message boards as opposed to participating, I am not sure if I will meet up with the group or not.  Also, since it appears the iPhones/music are not forbidden on the course, I may just get the hubs to load me up with lots of good tunes!  Who knows...


So, I have been working on my training calendars for the Princess Half and through several spring races.  Since December is almost over, I am not going to insert my calendar.  The plan for the rest of December is to run 3 to 5 miles at least two times a week, then a long run each weekend.  I am hoping to do 8 miles this weekend and get up to 9 or 10 in the next two weeks. What do y'all think about my training?  Tweaks, changes?




1 comment:

  1. Aw, so excited for you, girl! I did the Disney Princess last year.

    Looks like you are super prepared with that schedule!

    ReplyDelete