Thursday, December 8, 2011

This week

Well, in good news...  The recommitment to tracking in WW and MyFitnessPal is going well.  I have noticed some interesting differences in the amount of WW points versus calories and vice versa.  I think this will prove to be beneficial in meal planning.  Not only have I been tracking well, I have been more committed to actually getting up and moving.  I have gotten up every morning and done a 30-minute Walk Away The Pounds video.  In the afternoon, I also have gone to the gym to do more cardio and/or the 30-minute weight-lifting circuit.  


Until yesterday...


Yesterday afternoon, around 4:30 p.m., I was on the way to my gym.  I was driving on a very familiar road, minding my own business.  The traffic had been stopped for a light at an upcoming intersection.  The traffic started moving slowly and I started moving forward too.  The person in two cars ahead of me slammed on their brakes, then the person in front of me did the same - I obviously missed the memo and didn't slam on mine fast enough.  Then the person behind me bumped me and had the nerve to leave.  Needless to say, after that little fiasco, I didn't make it to the gym.    


Anyway, I am good.  I am a little sore, but not really any more than a really good workout.  If anything "hurts" it is my ego - I am so annoyed that I "messed up".  I have had a few scares in the past from using my phone in the car, and the last month or so, I have made a concerted effort to not use my phone in the car.  Yesterday, my phone was in my purse, the radio was barely on - virtually no distractions - and I get in a wreck.  Oh well, I can't do anything about it now...  The adjuster for my insurance company is coming tomorrow to look at the car and give me an estimate.  The plan after that is to forward the estimate to a coworker of my husband to see if her husband's body shop can do something for me soon.  Once I hear from him, I will work with the adjuster to get payment and get my car fixed very soon because it isn't terribly pretty right now.  


Either way, I might be in the market for a new car soon.  My car was my first post-college purchase.  I remember the entire negotiating process like it was yesterday.  I remember that I did it all on my own and I was able to actually talk the salesperson down on the price.  It is a 2002 Nissan Sentra XE, nothing fancy but it was the perfect car for me right out of college.  My little car and I have been through a lot in the 11.5 years we have been together.  However, it just might be time to let my car have adventures with someone else.  


I am interested in looking for cars in the coming month or so.  I need to really figure out what I really want/need.  I like the little small cars, but I kinda want to be higher off the ground.  I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I want something nice.  I don't want new, but I don't really want the issue of possibly inheriting someone else's problems from buying a used car.  I also need to keep in mind that I only drive the car back and forth to work.  If there is a possibility of transporting the hubs wheelchair easier in my new vehicle, we may use it more often, but that's kinda up in the air right now.  We'll see...


Pictures of my poor little car...  Things could have been a lot worse, but the pictures are hard to see...


 

 





1 comment:

  1. Eeeeek! Glad you're okay! You should look into Hyundai! They have really built up their reputation and loyalty and offer great cars at great prices with an unbeatable warranty. We are hoping to get a Tuscon or Santa Fe in the next year when Chris' Envoy bites the dust. We've heard nothing but great things from people we know with Hyundai's!

    ReplyDelete