Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Recipe 1 - Chili-Corn Taco Pie

One of my goals for 2012 is to try at least one new recipe per week and blog about the recipe.  Last night we had Chili-Corn Taco Pie from IMadeDinner.net.  I find a lot of recipes on various food blogs, but this one is quickly becoming one of my favorites!


I ended up making a few modifications to the recipe, intentional and unintentional.  I used regular long grain brown rice, versus instant.  I cooked it earlier this afternoon while we were hanging out.  I also accidentally left out the crushed red pepper.  I am kinda glad that I left it out because I think it may have been a little too spicy with it.


As far as Weight Watchers goes, this recipe came in at 10 points plus values per serving.  I cut four servings out of the 8"x8" pan.  Next time I make this, I will use a slightly larger pan (6 servings) because the servings tonight were way too large.  This also will reduce the points plus value to 7 per serving.  


I think it is safe to say that we both liked this recipe.  The hubs liked the corn mixed in and the "kick" from the chiles.  If I were to change anything in the future, I would probably add in more diced/chopped veggies for just a little more umph.  I like to sneak in extra veggies for color and texture.  Just makes things more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment