Monday, January 16, 2012

New Recipe 7 - Cajun Chicken Linguine Alfredo

Last week, my cousin Natalie shared her weekly menu plan with me.  One of the recipes caught my eye immediately - Cajun Chicken Linguine Alfredo.  Normally, I am not one to go for any recipe that mentions Alfredo - I am not a fan.  I decided to read the list of ingredients to the hubs, without mentioning the name of the recipe, and he said to add it to the menu.

So, tonight, this is what we had... A nice big serving of Cajun Chicken Linguine Angel Hair Alfredo and some roasted broccoli.  I have to say that I was very surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did.  I am not a fan of heavy milk-based sauces.  They just don't sit well on my tummy.  This was so delish though! 

Here's the hubs take on dinner tonight - "... I liked that the dish had some kick to it.  When we make this again, I would probably use a different pasta and make it have a little more sauce.  You may even be able to add some other vegetables or change the chicken to shrimp..."  His assessments were pretty right-on with mine.  Can't wait to doctor this one up again in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment