Monday, January 30, 2012

New Recipe 9 - Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup

Last night was another new recipe... Well on the way to making 52+ new recipes this year!  Unfortunately, there's no picture.  


The hubs and I had plans for his parents to come over to set-up our new headboard.  Keeping that in mind, we knew that something in the crock pot would be best.  So, off to SkinnyTaste I went, in hopes of finding a yummy crock pot recipe.  


Well, pretty quickly, I found this beauty - Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup.  The hubs and I are both suckers for anything remotely close to Mexican.  I took a look at the ingredients and it didn't look complicated at all.  


The only thing I didn't know much about was the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I am not one to use any pepper much more exciting than diced green chiles.  I thought that we could just give it a whirl...  Needless to say, I should have done a tiny bit more research before using these peppers...  After trying to figure out why the soup was so great for clearing out stuffed nasal passages (i.e., a little too spicy for my liking), I figured it out.  A chipotle pepper is another name for smoke-dried jalapeno.  I have never in my life used a jalapeno for any recipe, until last night.  The soup turned out excellent, and we received the added benefit of clearer noses after eating! 


This is definitely in the collection of make again recipes, but I would make a few changes:

  • Actually read some reviews from others that have made it beforehand and consider their experiences with the spice level
  • Use only one chipotle pepper versus the three I used last night because I didn't read the recipe close enough
  • Add some chopped veggies and brown rice for more umph

1 comment:

  1. What's up, its pleasant paragraph concerning media print, we all understand media is a impressive source of data.

    Check out my web site: premature ejaculation pills

    ReplyDelete