If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so everyone else can see your FMM questions and answers. Please join in on the fun if you want and add your links. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM - 2012 Goals!
I have been thinking about my 2012 goals for several days, especially since I did a quick recap of my 2011 goals. I kept thinking that I didn't really have any new goals - just want to continue doing what I am doing... But, then I started really thinking and came up with a pretty good list. Here goes...
- Continue to monitor my eating: I need to get back on the "straight and narrow" with watching portions, reducing sugar, eating more whole foods, etc. I want to do a better job with a modified version of intuitive eating.
- No more soft drinks. I admit it, I love Diet Sunkist, Diet Mountain Dew, an occassional Coca-Cola Classic (especially if it is a fountain drink), and Cheerwine. The hubs and I decided on Friday that we were going to limit our drink choices to water and coffee (I drink it black) on a daily basis. Occasionally, we can have beer, wine, or liquor but will significantly cut back on consumption of alcohol. Beer, wine, and liquor are yummy, but hello! - empty calories!
- Complete three half marathons. I am registered for the Disney Princess Half on February 26 - one down. Now I need to register for one more in the spring and one in the fall. I also hope to improve my time for the half marathon distance.
- Try at least one new recipe per week and add new foods. I am usually pretty good about planning a weekly menu, but sometimes it seems to be monotonous. I am going to try at least one new recipe per week and blog about it. I also am going to try to incorporate some foods that I wouldn't normally eat.
- Be a better blogger. I love to read blogs, but I rarely comment. I want to start being more active in the blogging community and support those that offer support to me.
- Read more. I love to read. I have gotten out of the habit of reading both books and magazines. I want to read at least 12 books this year.
- Give myself a break and BELIEVE in me. To say that I am a bit of a perfectionist and control freak would probably be classified as a major understatement. I am going to work to try to not be so hard on myself and realize that it is ok to just be relaxed about certain things.