Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Recipe 2 - Steak and Cheese Sandwiches

Quick disclaimer:  I must get better at taking pictures of my food!  When I take the picture before we eat, things always look very appetizing.  Unfortunately, this isn't the case with this one...


We tried another new recipe last night.  I have to say that this was a total success!  I love looking at Skinny Taste for recipes.  I have never had a recipe from her site that wasn't a crowd pleaser!


Last night's recipe was Steak and Cheese Sandwiches with Onions and Mushrooms.  When I saw the recipe on her personal Top 12 recipes of 2012, I knew it was one to try for us.  The hubs loves sauteed onions and mushrooms and this recipe had them at the center of the meal.


We prepared the recipe as directed with only one small modification for serving.  We put a little Dijon mustard on the baguette before filling with the steak mixture.  So yummy!  The hubs really liked this particular dinner.  As you can see from the picture, it wasn't the most well-rounded meal ever, but that's what he picked - steak and cheese sandwiches; baked beans; and baked french fries.


I haven't really asked J, but I have a feeling this will be on the list of "have agains".  If you are looking for something easy when having some friends over to watch football or hang out, this should definitely be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment