Monday, January 9, 2012

New Recipe 3 - Pork Chops Marsala

Last night, we had another new recipe!  I am on a roll with the new recipes.  I want to make sure that I keep up with doing at least one new recipe per week for the year.


My in-laws came over last evening to help me get the Christmas tree down to our storage room.  We also took time to talk about the best Christmas gift from my mother-in-law -- a bedroom makeover!  After hanging out for a while, we decided it was about time to fix dinner.  When we decided to invite them for dinner, I thought I would make them my guinea pigs for a new recipe.

Last night's dinner included Pork Chops Marsala, roasted red potatoes, steamed broccoli, and some Ravenswood Zinfandel.  I think the recipe was a success.



My thoughts:  The recipe was very flavorful.  I did add a little extra salt and pepper, but that is just personal taste.  If I were to make one change, I would cook the pork just a little less.  I was the only one that "complained" at dinner, but I think the pork was just a little too overcooked/tough.  The roasted potatoes and simple steamed broccoli were the perfect sides for an easy meal that presented very well.  I look forward to having this again very soon!


Close up of my plate - (from left) pork chop with mushrooms and
Marsala sauce, steamed broccoli, and roasted red potatoes
Also... totally serious after seeing these pictures...  The nice camera will be coming out for all future food pictures.  The iPhone just isn't working for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment