Monday, January 9, 2012

New Recipe 4 - Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Tonight's dinner was the ultimate comfort food - Chicken Pot Pie - in the form of soup! 

I love, love, love good 'ole Chicken Pot Pie.  You know the one I am talking about - a PetRitz pie crust filled with diced chicken, cream of potato soup, and a couple cans of VegAll.  Unfortunately, that combination just isn't the best and most healthy option. 

As usual, SkinnyTaste did not disappoint.  When I was searching for new recipes to try this week, I knew that I wanted a soup of some form.  We haven't had really good, hearty soup in a while.  This seemed to fit that bill perfectly.   

Assessment the hubs - "The soup was incredible, with a slight delectable sweetness".  (Can you tell he is embellishing for my sake?).  He did suggest that next time I baked a small pie crust and crumble the pieces on top.  Sounds like a decent idea... 

I definitely think this will stay in the "make again" rotation, with a few minor tweaks.  Next time, I will try to use just a tiny bit less liquid.  I would prefer that it be more thick, rather than "soupier".  I also will be better about actually measuring the salt and pepper during preparation.  I had to add some once I served the soup because it just seemed to be missing some flavor. 

Can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow and again for dinner on Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha - I can hear J saying that!! Must try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks YUMMY! Let me know if you ever come across any skinny tortilla soup recipes!!

    ReplyDelete