Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I got tagged...

Jeff tagged Lee, Lee tagged Sarah, and she tagged me.  I have never been tagged, so this should be fun.  Here's some interesting little facts about me.   
1)  What are you most fond of accomplishing in 2010?
  • Committing to transforming my life (physical health, mental health - everything) and moving forward with it
  • Learning to run and going outside of my comfort zone to meet new friends through running
  • Reaching out for help with my anxiety issues and making positive steps toward peace
2)  What are your running goals for 2011?
  • Cooper River Bridge Run - April 2 in Charleston
  • Beaufort Road Race - July 16 (?)
  • Half Marathon! - I want to do Run for the Warriors in Jacksonville on May 14.  My only concern is that we get back from being on a cruise and at Disney World on Thursday, May 12. 
  • Sub-40 5K 
  • Learn to love running even more! 
3) What is your favorite race?
How do you pick a favorite race?  I have no clue.  So, here's what I liked about the 4 races I have completed:
  • Women's Distance Festival - It was my first race ever.  Even though I struggled to complete the training leading up to the race, I finished it.  I love looking back at the picture someone took of me near the finish line - loved the determined look on my face.  I will likely run this race every year, as it will always be special to me. 
  • Free to Breathe 5K - I participated in this race with several coworkers.  We ran in memory of a dear coworker, Kay Nunnery, that lost her battle with lung cancer in March 2010.  Throughout her battle, Kay was an inspiration to all of us.  I am sure that Kay would be proud to know that we all participated so that research dollars could be raised.
  • Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K - This was my first 8K.  I was so excited to be out running on Thanksgiving Day.  I would have never thought of participating in any sporting event, much less running, on a holiday a year ago.
  • Reindeer Romp 5K - This was a fun little race on a different type of running trail.  Sarah and I did our little thing and had a great time fighting the crowds.  The race helped support Girls on the Run and we got a super cute shirt (I am wearing it today!). 
4) What is your favorite holiday guilty pleasure? (Again, how do you pick just one??!!??)
  • Chocolate chess pie from the Angus Barn
  • Granny Brown's chocolate cake (It's really yellow cake with chocolate icing.  It has been my favorite since I was a little girl.)
  • Christmas Eve and Christmas day cocktails with the in-laws (We run the gamut on cocktails:  Cosmopolitans, Vodka Gimlets, Gin and Tonic, Bloody Marys, Mimosas...  Oh so much fun!)
  • Sausage balls, party mix (Chex mix like stuff), and cucumber sandwiches made by my Mama for our after-Christmas celebration with my Mama's side of the family 
5) What was your most embarrassing running moment?
I am proud to say that I can't really think of something super embarrassing.  I am sure that will change soon enough though.  One thing I can think of was when I got hurt in late August.  I pulled/strained a muscle in my "girly bits".  I ended up going to my chiropractor first and had to explain it to him.  It was beyond embarrassing for me to try to explain to a guy that I had pulled something in between my legs and could barely lift my right leg to put on pants.  I guess that we all have our own little ideas of what embarrassing really is.






I have no clue who to tag.  So, here's the challenge - I'd like to see everyone that reads my blog answer these questions :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ouch did you pull your groin? My boyfriend's pulled his groin many times in cycling and he's equally as embarrassed to talk about it!

    ReplyDelete